Old 03-09-2019, 05:20 PM
Heli-Cal Blue
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Exclamation Need NEW NOS/OEM Driver's Side Door Ledge/Sill Window Seal Strip! Part #5161453AA

Anyone know of a source for a NEW NOS/OEM Drivers' Side Door Ledge/sill Window Seal Strip! Part #5161453AA

I know it has been "discontinued" - but somehow, somewhere, some dealer or warehouse likely has at least a few gathering dust on a shelf without even knowing they are there, until one day..... "what's this?"

If I can find NOS chrome windshield cowl-stripping for a Kaiser-Darrin, or NOS glass for a Studebaker Golden Hawk, and a NOS hood ornament for a '64 Imperial, and a NOS dashboard top for an '87 Merkur XR4ti in my various car part pursuits, surely somewhere, out there, is this part just longing to be with me.

I'm not finding anything from traditional sources like Ebay/Hemmings, etc. I do NOT want used, or I'm sure I would be in the same situation (these are very "one time" install type parts - the supporting thin-metal frame gets bent in removal, and even if careful, the slightest bending makes them appeared crooked/cockeyed, and not seal to the glass.

There was some work done on the door requiring it be removed, and it was left undulating, crooked, and bumpy with even a section of the strip pulling away from the glass with potential to allow water to get down in the door - even though I don't ever really drive this car in the rain. I had to drive it briefly in the rain the other day, for a short while, and noticed the rain water was going into that detached lip of the seal like it was a magnet to water!

I think when the shop removed it they assumed they could simply get the part new as a replacement, which is understandable; but I suspect they then found they had to use the old one they took off, You can't straighten these things once they get kinked. They are a great place and willing to correct the situation, but they are having as hard a time as myself finding a NEW/NOS replacement.

HELP!!

Last edited by Heli-Cal Blue; 01-11-2020 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Adding part number: and still looking!