View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 05:48 PM
EdenLake
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New wheels... custom config help?

So, I settled on Motegi Racing MR138 18x8 front and 18x9 rear. I have a 2004 crossfire base.

Reason for the rear diameter downsize, to run a higher sidewall in rear. My immediate neighborhood has horrendous potholes. So bad that Im cold patching my own damn street in front of my house.

Was pretty sure it ought to work, but when my guy at NTB called to get price on wheels, the wholesaler they use was on and on that crossfires are set up for specificly for the 18 7.5 and 19 rear etc etc and will PROBABLY have to modify the hubs to fit them. BUT he wasnt very specific about WHAT or WHY. Listening on the other side of it, sounded like he was really pushing my guy to push me to a much more expensive wheel option (his suggestion over double the cost, and frankly not my aesthetic).

I recently bought the car with 18/19 zenettis... those of the horribly peeling chrome, inside and out, so i have a constant front driver leak, daily air it before i can leave the house leak. Obviously, new wheels are important ASAP. But equally important, is that they fit, lol.

So any thoughts? Advice on viability of fit? Not wanting to toss $800 around on a lost cause either. Thanks for all input.

MR138s are:
5x112, 66.56 bore, 38mm, 6 inch backspace on the 18x8s
5x112 66.56 bore, 35 mm, 6.38 backspace on 18x9s