View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 01:27 PM
SoonersFan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Totaled 2004 XF - Heartbroken

So, unfortunately, I'm embarrassed to say I didn't have insurance on my baby. I barely drove it, maybe less than 2,000 mi the last 2 years because I've been waiting on disability and just couldn't afford it. If I could, I'd have rather gone without health insurance to cover it, but that just wasn't an option. So, yes, I do have the title and I just don't have the money to fix it. My mechanic says the frame isn't bent, (the air bags didn't deploy), but the hood, headlights, radiator, electric cooling fan and misc hoses are going to cost a couple thousand that my son says he'd rather buy me a new car, than find the parts and ship them to me. He's in the army in TX, getting ready to leave for Germany in June and doesn't really have the time to hunt down the parts and send them to me in AZ. I thought my mechanic would want to help piece out the car for 50/50, but he said no. Unless its something simple I can get, I'm afraid I'm going to have to send her off to the salvage yard, which to me feels like putting down your ole hound. Just heartbreaking, but nothing I can do. Wish I could turn back time. Y'all have NO IDEA what this car meant to me. The last of "my" life, before I got sick, had to stop working, lost my house, had to put my dog down because she got cancer -- this was it. The LAST of "me", But, upward and onward, as they say...the play must go on!!!!