Thread: TPMS sensors
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 10:50 AM
cheyoru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: TPMS sensors

Originally Posted by KDW4Him
I have talked to Schrader tech support myself, they were a great help and I hope those shops made a call. Can you help with a few details please?

First, the programming process is done off the car by all the vids I have seen but you said "installed it" Do you actually mean the sensor is IN the wheel while all this is going on?

Second can any of the shops read the original sensor? This means, does it display the code on the screen of the device they used?

If they determine
success by seeing if the light goes out on the dash then I would back up one step. Using the tools can I see a code on the screen of the tool of the old sensor then after the proper programming steps can I now see that same code on the screen of the tool.
Thanks for the reply! To answer your questions:
1) The sensor is IN the wheel at this point. The "bright" guys at the shop installed it without making sure it was programmable, thus charging me $50. Then, when they weren't able to program it they said to take it to a shop dedicated to working tires. (sigh).
2) The car shops read the other three original sensors. One shop was able to read the new sensor and the other one didn't.
I am not sure if it displays a code. But my plan is to head to yet another NTB later today and closely examine what these guys do.
I do have the sensor that was taken out, but I don't think that's any good.
Thanks again.