View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 04:21 PM
No2fast
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Expected performance with mods

[QUOTE=Diamondo25;921922]So yesterday I was at an American Cars Sunday on the Zandvoort circuit here in Holland. Lots of great cars, mainly the usual Firebirds, GTs, RAMs, but also a couple 300Cs, one actually doing drag races. I don't recall his times, except he went 160kph over the quarter mile line afaik.

It got me a bit hyped up so I was looking for what the possibilities are for our SRT (in my case a 05 Roadster with 55k km).

Some shops here have a Stage 2 chiptune giving 380HP with 485Nm (https://www.procartuning.nl/chiptuni...-6-335-pk.html ). Thats only the ECU. If I would also add or only mod the intake with a DCAI from needswings, thats also quite a boost.

Anyone more info? The info is quite scatered on this website. Dragtimes have some records of stock cars doing 12 or 11 second drags, which is quite fast. Jim seems to have made 10s with a different engine afaik.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________

First of all.

you cannot expect 380 hp just with a tune.

most of the srt6, slk+c32 amg`s are between 330 - 350 stock bone.

you can expect a realistic 15 hp with just a tune.

i would go with tune, 65mm pulley and K&N fillters. you do not need the Needswings or SL55 dcai. With the listed mods +35 -40 hp and much more torque than stock. don`t trust the tuner numbers.. do a initial dyno and a dyno after mods.

Steven

Berlin Germany.

Last edited by No2fast; 04-15-2019 at 04:23 PM.