View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 10:58 AM
bollox
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New Owner - A few questions

Originally Posted by Grant
2) How difficult is it to change out the stereo head unit in the car? I'm not looking for some high-powered show-winning stereo setup, but I do like my iPod interface in my BMW and was disappointed to see that there wasn't one available besides the FM version. I want to be able to control it from the stereo itself, to keep from having to look down at the iPod while I drive (especially because I have an iPod Nano, so the controls and screen are even smaller). My wife also wants XM radio, so I'm looking for a decent stereo with XM, iPod interface, and (this is mandatory) a silver face plate and green display to match the existing dash lights. Anyone know of anything like this? How difficult is removal of the factory head unit?

Well, I guess that about covers it. Thanks for any help, and I'll keep an eye out for any other Crossfire owners in the Dallas, TX area.

Grant
I can answer question 2. Changing the head unit is simple and painless. Just ensure that that you use a suitable wiring and antenna adapter (search the forum for details). Do not cut into the wiring loom as this will potentially void the warrantee. This activity was pain free for me. The Factory Amp is truly awesome once you change the Head Unit.