Old 04-24-2019, 02:25 PM
sosxfire
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: SKREEM replaced RCM rebuilt still won't start

Originally Posted by thegreatjustino
I had the typical briefly start then die three times in a row then not start at all until I disconnected the battery and reconnected. That was the SKREEM module under the dash going bad and needing a new one programmed to my CPU and keys. I sent everything I needed to to SOS Diagnostics in Oregon. They programmed a new module to my CPU and keys for $400. Upon receiving everything back from them, the car wouldn't start at all which is what my thread was about. I spent quite some time finding a place that was willing to not only work on a Crossfire but also had experience with them. I finally found a dealership that still had a technician on staff who had gone through factory training when they were new. He reprogrammed my CPU and that fixed the problem. The dealership charged me one hour of labor for this. $400 to SOS, $200 to the dealership, $600 total the get everything fixed. This was with me taking the entire dash apart in order to get to the SKREEM module then putting it all back together once everything was working again.
Unfortunately, we still do not know what the dealer actually did. There was no programming to do and there was nothing they could do as there are no programming options on the DRBIII tool for the ECM that will make an ECM match the immobilizer system (unless it is a brand new ECM). Everything was programmed and proved to run in our 2005 Crossfire. If it runs in one car, it will run in any car as long as that car has no other issues. It wouldn't be the first time that a blown fuse was found or something similar but it was billed as "programming". I wish we could talk to the tech that worked on it.