View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 10:11 AM
Rob M
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: key marks on aero blue pearl crossfire

Originally Posted by xxfirerican
I'm sure this question has been answered time and time again but someone keyed my car the other day and now I have scratches on the passenger side and passenger side hood. I can't believe idiots have nothing better to do then be jealous and do this. What are the best products to get to help remove and touchup these key marks on a car. I see alot of products which say gets rid of blob marks once touched up do any of these work and if so can you tell the car has been touched up and does it strip or harm your original factory paint? I'm sooo pissed that some jerk would key my new car and now I need help fixing it?
It depends on how deep the scratches are. If they are not deep and confined to the clear coat you can try polishing compounds or even wet sanding if you are very careful and patient. If the scratches go into your blue base coat of paint I'm afraid you will probably need to have it repaired by a paint shop. It is very difficult to match the paint on your own. It's also difficult to get tough up paint to evenly fill the scratches unless you are meticulous and experienced with sanding. A botched repair attempt might look worse than the original scratches.