View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 01:30 PM
ttmmdd
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: To Buy or Not to Buy

I've had mine for 6 months, I've put about 4,000 miles on it without one hint of a problem. But with no Dealer support, no diagnostic tools that work completely for these cars you have to wonder what will you do if you're 1500 miles from home and get out of a motel and it won't start. The short of it is you have to carry some spare parts (RCM for sure, SKREEM if you can afford it, Crankshaft position sensor, spend $600 for a spare key) and you have to make enough notes to be able to trouble shoot it yourself and make whatever repairs you can. The electronics are way to buggy for a regular person to deal with. but like I said there is no commercial support.
This is not the kind of car you would want to take your pregnant wife on a thousand mile joy ride. But If you got a reasonable amount of electrical knowledge and confidence that you can deal with whatever happens; go for it. For me If I would have known how buggy the electronics are and no commercial support, no diagnostic tools I would not have bought.
I love the style I love the way it handles, but I can't trust it not to let me down, I can only trust that I'm capable of dealing with whatever issues arise on my own. If it were not for this forum 25% of the Crossfires on the road would be in the scrap yard.

The following users liked this post:
turbojarhead (10-13-2021)