Old 07-15-2019, 09:24 AM
onehundred80
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts
Default Re: How To : Replace the batteries in the alarm module

Originally Posted by Adam73bonner
Hi I've just started driving my dads crossfire as hes passed away like most of the comments ere the alarm goes off when it's been left for a while the alarm sounds quite crocky almost like there is lack of power so I'm guessing it's the alarm module so I've ordered new batteries to replace them in the module as I havent taken it off yet but my question is if I disconnect the module will everything still work othree than the alarm or will it just be like I've taken fuse 9 out and not be able to lock the car and have the horn disabled
If your alarm is damaged like you say then I would guess that it is ruined. The trouble you are having is because of the damage done by the leaking batteries.Get a new siren. The cheaper ones just flash the lights and the more expensive ones sound a beeping noise as well as the flashing lights.

The time to replace the batteries is before they leak not after, these batteries are old so replace them or the sirens now, do not wait for them to leak. If you are taking the sirens out to fix them do the job once, not twice. I fixed my siren before it leaked but then decided I wanted a beeping siren.