View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 08:13 PM
Rlbarnes
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Power top module repair

Hello Pizzaguy... Thank you for your reply. I haven’t looked here for a while and didn’t realize someone had replied. It’s been awhile since I tried to figure out this no top down situation and the car is under cover in the garage. I recently ordered a used PTCM on eBay but haven’t received it yet. Like you, I have a hard time believing the module just up and failed but I have literally checked everything and that’s the last item. The Tech who read the codes at the Chrysler dealer was a seasoned Crossfire tech. I didn’t let anyone else touch the car, it did not go into the service shop. I made sure I was with the tech and I told him everything I had done/ checked. I don’t recall what the code was or if there was one, but I wrote down “ No Response From Power Top Control Module”. I have downloaded the Service Manual and went through diagnostics for this error message.

1. Power to the module - yes
2. Ground circuit good - yes
3. SCI circuits good (not open, not shorted) - yes, good
4. Checked every wire in the harness for shorts, open, and grounds. - All good.
5. Checked every sensor switch in the system and all are good.
6. Manually put the top down and up numerous times to try and resync. - no luck
7. Disconnected battery and waited for system to drain voltage and reconnected.
8. The windows do go down partially when the d handle is opened.
9. The switch light goes on and there is a beep .. I don’t recall if it flashes.
10. I have removed and opened the module and checked for any visible signs of burning, bad connections, etc. Looks like new!

I am concerned with the possibility that the replacement module won’t correct this, but we’ll see. I will keep you posted on the outcome. If there is still something I missed, I’ll kick myself.

Randall