View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 12:39 PM
WD40
Forum Regular
Received 133 Likes on 105 Posts
Default Re: Replacement key/Key fob?

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Remember when we hid another key under the car just in case we got locked out or lost the main key?
Apparently that practice still survives... https://www.harborfreight.com/magnet...two-62748.html
I learned my lesson really young. My first job was as a runner for a law firm. I did it after school from age 15 to 17. I'd just delivered some legal papers to another law firm and was parallel parked on a downtown street, reached for my keys only to realize they were still in the ignition of my locked car!!! I stood there helpless for a few minutes until I finally remembered I kept a spare key in my wallet. It was a good mistake for me to make at a young age though, because I've NEVER REPEATED that error. That horrible feeling shaped my behavior for the rest of my life! :-)

And yes, I remember having that same magnetic key box and knowing exactly where I could reach up and grab it. Not sure when I stopped using one, or why; but I used to always keep a spare key that way. Probably stopped when I got my first keyless entry system. It's all in the realm of forgotten history.