View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 08:21 PM
RED DOG
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Talking Re: Red Dog's SRT6 Coupe two-tone re-paint

Thanks for your interest . . .

It's still a work in progress . . . I had significant issues with trying to use reflective pin striping tape. I started to do some of it myself but was not totally happy with the results so pulled it off, ordered more material and had it done professionally. The installer was so proud of the results that he took a video of the whole car when he had completed the installation (see attached as I could not put the video in the body of this post). It looked great when first completed. Then the very next day it became the disaster you see in the photos below. Using reflective tape is just not going to work. Reflective tape cannot be stretched as it breaks down the reflective elements of the tape. For example, if you lay it down and it's a bit "off", when you pull it back up to reposition it, the tape gets stretched. Also trying to do tight curves stretches the tape. I have to abandon the reflective tape and be satisfied with standard 3M vinyl pin striping tape. Ordering all new pin striping material tomorrow.

Also I had a bit of a delay because I decided to have all the plastic interior trim panels (A pillar covers / those large curved rear upper trim panels / tailgate trim panels) covered in grey alcantara suede. They really turned out great but I still don't have everything reinstalled. I hope to have those interior panels finished in the coming days and I will be anxious to share photos here.

Lastly, after having my stock OEM SRT6 wheels completely refurbished a few months ago, I recently decided to replace them with Mandrus Millenium Hyper Silver with mirror cut lip wheels and new Pirelli P-Zero tires (19 x 9.5 rear wheels with P285 30R 19 rear tires and 18 x 8.5 front wheels with P225 40ZR 18 front tires). This is the same wheel and tire set up that I have on my SSB SRT6 roadster . . .

The new rear wheels and all the tires are here already but the new front wheels were delayed and are due to be delivered here this Friday. I'll post more photos in the coming weeks. As I intend to take this two-tone SRT6 coupe to the fall Tail of the Dragon, I NEED TO get it finished in the next couple of weeks.

Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_8243.MOV (3.12 MB, 18 views)

Last edited by RED DOG; 09-02-2019 at 10:52 AM.