View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 02:24 PM
josefran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Biggest stereo bang for the buck mod

Mr. Pizzaguy: Thank you for your prompt replay. First of, I have to admit to not being at all familiar with the "lingo" used to discuss these problems. I'm confused between the meanings of such terms as "Heads" & "Amps". This is what I believe I know: 1. The "radio" itself does not directly connect to the speakers. 2. The "radio" has Line outputs that connect to the car's amplifier (under the mats on the passenger side). 3. The amplifier then distributes the "radio" line outputs (amplified) to all the car's 6 speakers (Highs/Mids & Subs). I had the installation checked by Bestbuy's Geek Squad and they told me those connections are alright. So, if my understanding of all this is correct, is your suggestion that I replace both the present radio as well as the present amplifier? and if I do that, that perhaps I also would benefit by replacing all 6 of the present speakers?
I sincerely apologize for my lack of education regarding car radio/amplifiers parlance but I never before had the opportunity to investigate/learn this stuff so I really do appreciate your help with my problems. Also, following your advice, I checked for water damage and found no signs of it anywhere but since I live in a very dry desert region it could be I'd have to wait for it to rain and go driving the car then. Are there other ways to verify the amplifier's present condition?
Thanks again for your help!