Old 09-23-2019, 09:20 PM
DerekCook
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Filling up Hydraulic Reservoir

Reservoir

Type of oil

Bulb dropper
Originally Posted by cuziamninja
I found the Hydraulic Fluid Tank by removing the lining of the trunk, but i'm not quite sure how to access it. I have the correct fluid, and the level is way below the Minimum. I see a small Metric sized bolt, but I'm having trouble accessing it. Is this where you fill the tank from?
I saw this post and figured I would give this a try and it fixed my issue. First of all, I tried to get the fluid from Advanced Auto Parts because I saw a post that said they carry one that works. They said they do not and only get it from the dealer, so i did. It was only $18.45 for a pint. This was plenty. I removed the side panel in the trunk on the driver side of my 2005 Crossfire. I used a 14 mm boxed wrench to remove the fill plug (shown with the white line). I used the bulb dropper to fill the reservoir. I am sure I could have used a hose and funnel that would be small enough to fit. I attached photos of the reservoir showing low fluid, the type of fluid and the bulb dropper. Once I added the fluid and put everything back together, the roof worked immediately. Hope this helps The whole fix only costs $18.45

Last edited by DerekCook; 09-23-2019 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Photos did not attach the first time
The following users liked this post:
dadog6575 (01-18-2023)