View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 07:38 AM
UrbanE
Received 146 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Re: Front Coil Springs??

Thx 180
you are 100% correct. You pay more from Needswings.
it’s a knowledge/convenience fee. The part will work, first time, right out of the box. Jack it up, take off the wheel take everything apart, install spring (it’s correct) and then you assemble, drop and drive off. Better get an alignment.

or

You can ask the members. With this option there is a chance that what worked or satisfied another may not be the right solution for you

so you buy the part, jack up the car, remove the wheel, take everything apart go to assemble and discover that the part is incorrect. This work stop is more than $200

This is why I made the you must be rich comment. Because only people with an unlimited supply of cash can afford to buy a part with any level of uncertainty. If it doesn’t work, they can order another part. While they wait for the replacement, they can drive another car because the crossfire is in pieces.

If this is your daily driver, can you afford to be without it for a few days or weeks he wailing for replacement parts?

but if your flush with cash and have a second car then a gamble may be worth it.

I've purchased less expensive items in the past only to discover my error upon installation. I keep a few of those items as reminders. The forum isn’t all parts and pieces. Many of the forum benefits are about collective knowledge and experience.

having said all of this, please share the outcome. If it’s successful, congrats, share the win. If it doesn’t work out, share that too so that we’ll all benefit from your experience.