View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 12:37 AM
dscrossfire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Starting problem

Originally Posted by foxy1305
My 04 roadster has developed an intermittent problem. When it's been unused for a few days it won't start. Everything works fine, but when you turn the key nothing happens, all warning lights come on as they should just the starter doesn't activate. Leave the car for a while and come back to it, it starts fine. This has happened twice now over the last couple of months. I took it to a garage the first time and they so called put it on diagnostic test and told me the battery could do with replacing, which I did, but obviously that's not the problem. Any ideas
Hi All
New Crossfire Owner here. We were blessed by a friend who was going to give away his beloved Crossfire with only 80K when we needed a car. My wife and I had a blast driving it home from Seattle. Soon after being home, it would not start as described in the 2010 post. Dash lights, fob all work. Does not engage starter. At the mechanic it was discovered that it did start in neutral, but not in park after it warms up. Mechanic said it was the park sensor which is buried in the transmission. We said we are ok starting it in neutral to save the $1500 on that procedure. But now it also does not start in neutral. After scouring this forum, I do not see anything about a park sensor. I am going to point my mechanic to the RCM. Any other thoughts or agreements out there?
Thanks
DsCrossfire