Old 11-02-2019, 02:58 PM
Heli-Cal Blue
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Never Any Meets/Representation at Car Shows in Southern California?

Hi folks... as an update to this; last month I took one of my other classic-cars to the Petersen Auto Museum monthly "Breakfast Club Cruise-In" meet they do on usually the last Sunday of the month in the morning, 8:00AM - 12:00PM (but you want to get there around 7:00 AM for a good spot on the main floor). It was a lot of fun, lots of rare classic cars and hot-rods, even Jay Leno and his filming crew showed up, which I guess is a regular thing.

However, it wasn't solely relegated to classic-cars. There were a lot of modern "muscle-cars" in general, but there were certainly a good deal of unique modern AMG Mercedes, Porsches, decked out BMWs, Honda S2000s, 350Z's, Miatas, and other "tuner" cars parked in groups - but not one Crossfire in the bunch.

Realizing that, I was thinking to myself that my mint SRT-6 would have fit right in at this show along-side the AMG/GT stuff, and even be a show highlight to both spectrum of the crowd; I'm quite sure both the classic-car lovers and the modern high-end showings would appreciate seeing up-close the rarity and engine-bay of the Crossfire SRT-6.

While they often do "themed" show events to highlight certain makes/models or types each month, such as a '50's Shoebox weekend, Porsche weekend, Corvette weekend, etc., it's never exclusive. It's an everything goes kind of show, and when I last went, I was parked next to a 1955 Bel Aire on one side, a Ford GT-40 on the other, a 1969 Mercury Cougar behind me, and a 1950's Facel Vega on the other side, with an AMC Gremlin X, a 1970 Datsun 240Z, a new Mercedes GT, and others in proximity.
With that in mind, anyone interested in hitting any of the up-coming shows as a group of Crossfires? While the November show will likely be lame because it's Thanksgiving weekend, and it appears they are doing a "special invite" show anyway, maybe some of us Southern California Crossfire owners appear at future "Breakfast Club Cruise-In" shows en masse. It would be great to at least get about a half-dozen parked in a line.

The show has big wide parking spaces, free bagels and coffee, and was simply a good group of people talking cars.

Petersen Automotive Museum
6060 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90036 United

https://www.petersen.org/events/2019...club-cruise-in

Last edited by Heli-Cal Blue; 11-02-2019 at 03:25 PM.