View Single Post
Old 12-28-2019, 04:40 PM
lotsofspareparts
Forum Regular
Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Re: My N/A 5.5 AMG Swap Thread

Did a search of all the Pick-N-Pull wrecking yards within 100 miles of me and found a 2001 CLK430 at the yard down in Lynwood.. about 45 minutes away.

Got both of my exhaust manifolds for $95...… which is nice because LKQ wanted $95 each and then there would have been shipping on top of that.

Snagged a set of wiper nut covers from an MKIV Jetta for nothing. I'm not spending $15 for a pair of little plastic caps online. Even RockAuto wanted $13 apiece for them.

Also learned (after getting home) that I need the upper and lower radiator hoses, fan with clutch, and fan shroud from this CLK430..... they share the same radiator as our XF's. I'm going back down there tomorrow to snag that stuff.

The wrecking yard I got the 55 AMG engine from finally posted the VIN online. This 2000 ML55 AMG only had 102,110 miles on it..... and I got the engine!! Judging by the condition under the valve covers, I would say it was well maintained. It's also probably the reason why the spark plugs had the MB star on them and were difficult to remove...… they were original.

Anyways..... hope everyone had a good X-Mas, and has a good New Year!!

Jared

Last edited by lotsofspareparts; 12-28-2019 at 04:45 PM.