Old 01-04-2020, 12:18 PM
twanger
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Buying a Crossfire - common technical issues/problems?

New member here w/ a really nice black 06 base coupe purchased last fall . Also a lifetime motor head still building , buying , selling mostly street rods @ 81 .
Not being aware of the info in this great site , I feel lucky having found the well cared for 06 w/ 43k w/ so far no problems as now considering an SRT , even spending big bucks for a low mile car , you can still be subject any of the drop dead problems . So finding a good tangible used one I feel is the way to go --- not easy for the average person , maybe it's Crossfire roulette ?
Of the several DIY problem preventative efforts mentioned here I did , the one that obviously gave more starting RPMS was adding an additional batt ground strap to the bell housing as the existing one underneath was badly corroded which I cleaned up . Driving home from purchase , the rear end seemed to whine slightly & changing the gear oil seemed to help it . Being such a beautifully sculpted low qty manufactured vehicle , I feel at some time it will be very collectable . My two grown boys are now drooling over mine & the rest of the road lookers try to get close enough to read the name on the deck :0)