Old 01-12-2020, 02:14 PM
onehundred80
Received 552 Likes on 464 Posts
Default Re: Need NEW NOS/OEM Driver's Side Door Ledge/sill Window Seal Strip! Part #5161453AA

Originally Posted by Heli-Cal Blue
Still in need of this part. It's been a year I've been searching for it. Part #5161453AA

I know it has been "discontinued" - but somehow, somewhere, some dealer or warehouse likely has at least a few gathering dust on a shelf without even knowing they are there, until one day..... what's this? If I can find NOS chrome windshield cowl-stripping for a Kaiser-Darrin, or NOS glass for a Studebaker Golden Hawk, and a NOS hood ornament for a '64 Imperial, and a NOS dashboard top for an '87 Merkur XR4ti in my various car part pursuits, surely somewhere, out there, is this part just longing to be with me.

Is it possible that a part from Mercedes part will fit or can be cut in length to fit. I am sure they were not made just for the Crossfire. Maybe it has a Mercedes part number on it.
Water is actually diverted through the door interior, you can find the inlet in the upper rear corner of the door by the vertical rear door window seal. I sprayed the door interior bottom faces with antirust spray.