Old 02-06-2020, 10:45 PM
1stknight1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Possible SKREEM module.. cont. from another thread

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Actually when I overhauled my fob to a new case.. the transponder chip slipped back about 1/4 of an in from where it's supposed to sit.. two cranks and dies and then nothing.. Ironically when I went back in the house and discovered the "slipped chip" and put it all back nice and neat.. went back out and she fired.

I was fully expecting to have to disconnect the battery.. Just wanted to throw out a personal experience into this mix..
i recognize this is an old msg on topic, but my crossfire is sitting in shop now for 1 1/2 months trying to sort out if i need a new skreem or new fob or both, & if i get 1 and no positive results, what wd be next ?! Etc. ...BUT, your "accidental" comment of the chip in the fob slipping seems so simple! Afterall, i only dropped key 3 feet, so so how could Skreem just happen to need replacing after that drop? So, off to the shop to pick up key, dismantle & see if chip moved out of place in fob.
So help, how big is chip in fob; what does it look like? Can i assume it is in front of battery in fob ?