Old 02-07-2020, 07:18 PM
GraphiteGhost
Received 387 Likes on 334 Posts
Default Re: Possible SKREEM module.. cont. from another thread

Originally Posted by sosxfire
Unless someone has taken the remote apart in the past and left pieces out, there is no way for the chip to move, even if dropped. You likely have another issue. If your guy cannot solve it, have him remove the parts and send them to us for testing. Most locksmith shops also have tools that can test the key and make sure the transponder is not damaged. If a key reading tool cannot read the transponder, it may be damaged. However, the transponder chip is very durable with a low failure rate due to impact. Usually only physical damage / crushing will kill them.

Does the FOB tester test the chip or just the transmitter that locks/unlocks (and related) the car. I have seen the ones in advance auto and also seen one from a dealer (for a Camaro) that just test if the FOB transmitter is working (battery integrity of the FOB). Did not know the locksmiths one could test a transponder chip. What would that tester get back besides the transmitter working to lock/unlock (or related), a number(?), a code(?), has to be something that could be interpreted into a code for the related electronics (like the SKREEM). Please tell me the name of, and part number (I would like to read up on it).