View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 09:47 AM
phil alvirez
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Default understanding the fuse box

i have been in need to replace fuses from the main box (there are other 2 but are way smaller and straightforward), and found myself at loss.
i will have to bring a pic of the main box to explain my confusion:
Engine Compartment Fuse Box

as you see, the way they are numbered dont match the logical order. ideally it should start from the top left (#1), then next right down (2), or to the right column (#2)
but it does not.
then, there is no 27-28-29. and 30 to 37 are numbered from bottom to top. not only that, there are differences between the coupe and the roadster due to the roof mechanism requiring different capacities and functions. will post both.
am working on making a colored chart so any1 can compare it with the real and see first if all matches. as i got my xf used, am not sure if some1 replaced a fuse with different capacity due to lack of the correct 1, so will check this once the weather allows me.
but you can do so-as i said, once i can color the chart and show here. stay posted.
what adds to the problem is that, even if the positions are numbered on the real box, is not in colors, just by relief, and being small and not having perfect light-and some dust-are very hard to identify.
hence my idea of using a colors chart.
this is a pic of a box: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-CHRYSL...-/232894559868
in perfect light, and clean as this, you may be able to identify the numbers, but in real life you may not.
of course, if you dont have problem identifying them, please disregard all of this.

Last edited by phil alvirez; 03-21-2020 at 02:06 PM.