View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 06:26 AM
8ighth Wonder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Key Won't Unlock Door

Reading post #13 never stated if he was able to lock it from the outside with the blade. If those remotes fail again, he'll have a bill if he doesn't have the tools to get in. However here's what I found:

There's a rod attached to the backside of the lock cylinder. This rod is shaped almost like a cross at the end and that fits into a circular piece that has the exact same shape molded into it. When you turn the key the rod turns, turning the circular piece and activating the switch. There is a small pin that attached the rod to the cylinder, that pin can come out allowing the rod to slide out of the lock cylinder. I removed the lock using a #8 long hex key, pulled the rod out the door, then used an automobile hair pin to hold it in place. The tricky part was getting the crew to balance on the hex key. I used a dab of super glue as I didn't have any magnetic hex keys and that allowed the screw to stay on the key as I slid the lock back in. Once you tighten it, the hex key will break free.