View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 10:46 AM
onehundred80
Received 564 Likes on 474 Posts
Default Re: How has the Covid-19 virus affected you?

Originally Posted by velociabstract
How has Covid 19 AKA Wuhan Virus affected me? It almost killed me even without contracting the virus. i'll explain. I had a heart attack on the 30th of March and the ambulance took me to a nearby hospital. Once there I discovered they had no cardiac center and I was to be transferred to another hospital with a good cardiac department. My transfer was canceled for lack of room at the other hospital. Then I began to have the normal symptoms post heart attack which mirror Covid 19 symptoms. Panic ensued. No transfer, just waiting not knowing what was going on. No visitors allowed in intensive care. It turns out the hospital staff was convinced I had the virus. I was tested 5 times, all negative. However the delay of 4 days made my condition critical and I went on a ventilator. (It's a torture machine like no other) 20 days drowning on the thing. I won't go into details but the protocols at the hospital changed daily, some days had several changes. They were constantly short of supplies, part of the protocol changes were to conserve what they had. The nurses were 2 weeks late being payed. My time in the first hospital had several resignations for lack of pay and constantly changing protocols. Much confusion. I just returned home after 2 months in 2 hospitals. Something that would have been attended to in days became an obstacle course of near death experiences. I was tested twice for the virus in the 2nd hospital as well. If I had died the cause would have been from a heart attack when in reality the main cause would have been the absolute panic and caos in the hospitals. I pray hospitals are coping better where you live.

Les
I am glad you are out of hospital and on the mend. That must have been a frightful experience to go through, luckily you came through it.