View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 08:43 AM
FireTeach
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tonneau won't latch

I've just joined the Crossfire community and thanks already for the wealth of information shared in these forums. We received an '05 Roadster with 3600 miles from my father-in-law, as far as I know it wasn't driven for quite a few years before I drove it home last week. It sat in his garage for years, so I had a local shop check it over and the only issue they found was some rodents had chewed the air filters. Mechanically it is sound, but the rear window has come unglued and the top doesn't function properly.

I do not intend to fix anything at the time and would be happy just manually lowering/raising the top when needed. It will most likely sit in our garage 9 months of the year and may be driven very rarely during the summer months when the weather is nice and our busy schedule allows for some joyride time. Now that you've heard my story, here's the issue I'm having.

I've searched and found a couple of related comments, but I have not seen a resolution. I can open the tonneau cover using an open end 10mm wrench (special tool is missing), but after I lower the top into the trunk with the divider in the upright position as required, I can't get the tonneau cover to relatch. It will only latch shut with the top up. What am I doing wrong, or what could possibly being misaligned/malfunctioning to cause the problem? Thanks in advance.