Thread: Exhausts
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2020, 01:10 PM
THETESTER
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Exhausts

Originally Posted by Toolman
Are you looking for an entire exhaust system? If you are looking for the catalytic converters and pipes they are the same as a Mercedes SLK320 which I think would be easier for you to purchase in the UK. If it's the muffler any good exhaust shop should be able to easily weld on an aftermarket part.
Hi Toolman
Thanks for the info. Had just assumed the Merc part would be mega £££/$$$$ will have a look into it.

I managed to find the European exhaust manufacturer for our cars. Very friendly and helpful staff as well. I was only after the left hand side (with the 3 cats). They could provide the specification, the fitting kit and the 2 year warranty, however they are not allowed to sell to an individual in the UK. They did however give me the details of two companies who would sell to me directly, albeit with a small price mark-up. These companies however are only suppliers and not exhaust fitters.

A main street UK garage/workshop wanted to add a 100% price mark-up to the manufacturers price for the exhaust.

I have now found an indi garage who will fit the exhaust for a LARGE price mark-up. so all-in-all a few difficult few days.

Will see how it all goes.

If there is anybody in the UK in the same situation, please drop me a line and I will send on all the details.