View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 11:06 AM
autocar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Eliminating alarm siren

Originally Posted by Jim Holian
ala xfire - by using the term "module", do you mean the alarm itself or is there a seperate module? To unplug the alarm I know I would have to remove the wipers, and the cowling, just to get to the alarm. If I'm going to have to do that, I will. Just looking for a simple, quick way to get rid of the problem with the alarm. Let me know about the "module" thing. The fuse removal is what the Chrysler dealer wanted to do also, but I said no because of the horn.

I appreciate your input. If you could explain a little further, I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks,

Jim
Originally Posted by Jim Holian
Gentlemen - Is it possible to eliminate the alarm siren by removing the fuse (#9) and running a inline fuse for the horn wiring? Since the #9 fuse serves the horn, overhead light and cargo area light as well as the siren, can the inline fuse on the horn wiring serve to keep the horn operable? I don't care if I lose the overhead light or the cargo light, but must keep the horn operable. Not being an electronic wiz, it is just a thought. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please let me know. I'm looking for a simple way to eliminate the alarm going off in the middle of the night or when I get out of the car and lock it with the key fob and the alarm goes off. I don't mind locking the car manually just to get rid of the alarm going off. My personal email is jpmlholian@aol.com if you have any ideas.

Thanks,

Jim
f y i, I took my old siren that kept going off in the middle of the night like other people have had problems with and I took a coping saw and cut it around the circle of it in the groove until I was able to split into two halves and sure enough the batteries leaked acid all over the printed circuit board I cut and the batteries out of the unit cleaned off the board with baking soda and water then blew it dry and it looks good thinking I'd coat it with polyurethane and put it back without the batteries but I decided not to bother because it's a lot of work.to get underneath there again so now it stays on my bench looking pretty but I don't know if it's functional so I'm not going to bother. The actual answer is yes you get the goofy chirping on the batteries leak out all over the circuit board and short it out so just remove it disconnect it and
don't bother putting one back.

Last edited by autocar; 05-19-2021 at 11:11 AM.