View Single Post
Old 03-20-2004, 12:05 AM
David Burns
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both the wife and I were shopping for new vehicles. We were test driving for her first. She'd already told me before we started that if she got a 4WD vehicle, we should get a "little 2-seat sporty car" for me (her words). Yeah, like break MY arm!

So, we pull into a combo Nissan/Chrysler dealership. She wants to look at Pacifica's. We see this 'thing' sitting up at the top of the hill, in profile, nothing else around it, and say to each other "what's that?". We walk up and look, it's a SSB manual that the dealership owner had been driving, marked down $5k from sticker. We say "nice", but I want automatic (I had ENOUGH of manual in Washington DC traffic with my 95 T-Bird). We try out some Pacifica's, and she doesn't like the seats. I'm over looking at Maxima's, and she gets in a Murano and falls in love. The sales rep takes us for a spin, and as we're pulling back in we ask about the Crossfire. Well, to make a long story shorter we drive off the lot that day with a 2004 AWD Murano and a Crossfire. Made that guy's day, I'm sure.

Haven't regretted either, though there are nits to pick on practically anything we could have bought.

The BEST part of owning a Crossfire? They ain't everywhere. I see Z's and TT's and RX's and such everywhere I turn. There's even two SLK's driven to my office, and boy are THOSE two jealous that I got their car for $15k less (even though they have a ragtop and I don't, which I couldn't care less). I really don't care if Chrysler sells scads of 'em, the wife and I both think we have a keeper here, something that in a few years will be a classic. I just wish they'd advertise enough to sell enough to keep it worthwhile to keep the line alive.

But NOTHING on the road has the style of a Crossfire.