Old 09-01-2021, 01:32 PM
Ivorys
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Crank but no fuel pump unless i bridge relay contacts

Hi all, I am new here as a member but have been trawling through the posts which has helped me narrow down the issue. I have a 2004 crossfire standard and it cranks fine but no fuel pump action. I have checked all the fuses i could find and no fix. I have seen many threads about the relay control module, so i took it out and did find a few real bad dry solder joints, though my issue is not the no crank but its no fuel pump. To further diagnose i bridged a wire from the +v direct to the pin for the fuel relay contacts 2nd and third pin in socket and fuel pump worked and car starts and drives perfect, remove wire and no more fuel pump. I next opened up the case so that i could see the actual relays and upon turning the key to on the fuel pump relay did not energize at all so obviously not sending power to the pump. After double checking all solder joints and measuring relay coil resistances i can not find anything wrong with the relay module. After studying the manual it looks like the relay coil is energized directly from the Powertrain control module. Now this is where i get stuck, i am struggling to find useful diagnostic info for the powertrain module not energizing fuel pump relay. When i bridge a wire for relay contacts the car starts and drives perfectly with no warning or check engine lights on dash. I do not have a scan tool to be able to plug in to see. I know you guys hate newbies posting ***** nilly, but i have studied and explored i promise lol. Thanks in advance for any help.

The following users liked this post:
markfothebeast (03-30-2024)