Old 09-10-2021, 04:59 PM
SD Crossfire
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: Hello, new Crossfire owner, make sure to check your air box!

Originally Posted by amx1397
also 8000 miles on the oil???? most of us change it at 5000, no matter what the oil looks like or what the analysis say,, the tolerances on these engines are very close.
U sound like u want 2 take care of your car, then u say 8000 on the oil , in reality it every 6 months or 5000 miles which ever comes first. just my thoughts jim
Absolutely, I totally agree on that. The 8,000 miles was the previous owner, I think he did all highway commute, and the computer puts him at around 10,000 miles based on that. I just picked up the car a few days ago, got it registered and logged in only about 50 miles when I found the airbox issues.

I will be doing a change soon, and will stick with a 1 year or 5,000 mile schedule. However since this is my weekend car, I will be lucky to get 3,000 miles in one year, but will still change it anyways.

I got 2 jugs of M1 0W-40, Mann HU718 oil filter, OEM copper drain plug washers, Pentosin PS fluid and Mann air filters ready to go. I bought a generic cabin air filter that is well reviewed on Amazon, but still figuring out what manual tranny fluid and rear diff fluid I should use. I also noticed the coolant is green instead of blue, so will likely need to attend to that as well.

Overall, very pleased with this car and enjoying the process with it.

Last edited by SD Crossfire; 09-10-2021 at 05:03 PM.