View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 12:42 AM
WD40
Forum Regular
Received 133 Likes on 105 Posts
Default Re: Roadster trunk light?

Originally Posted by Goldwing
That damn trunk light caused me a few problems when I failed to completely close the trunk and the light ran down the battery. If you have an LED substitute (which will probably fit my coupe as well), I would be interested because of 1) brightness and 2) less energy draw when I stupidly leave it ajar again.
I have a roadster and so I don't have any idea whether the Coupe uses the same bulb. That said the original roadster trunk bulb I removed was a Philips 12866 in case you are a person who likes to keep things original AND DIM. Really, really dim!
Here's a link to the bulb I replaced it with:
Amazon Amazon
I bought them 2.5 years ago and just 11 days after I bought the car itself! At the time it was the brightest LED bulb I could find which fit. Notice you can rotate the bulb so that the light from every one of the 48 chipsets on the bulb's surface shines outward into the trunk. It matters not a wit whether there's a reflector behind the bulb. It would not be an overstatement to guess that this bulb puts out 100 times more light than the OE bulb. It's nuts!

P.S. I just noticed that online it says the LED bulbs are 500 lumens, but on the outside of the physical package I received it says the bulbs are 800 lumens, even though the bulbs look identical to what you see online.

Last edited by WD40; 01-31-2022 at 12:54 AM. Reason: added a P.S.