View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 06:08 PM
woody
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Anyone up for a Trackday?

Hi Gizmo and welcome. I hope you are enjoying the Crossfire experience.

The day was great fun as always but as usual there were no Crossfires, or owners for that matter, in attendance. In fact you are the only UK owner to respond. The Europe section of the forum pretty quiet and I think most people, including the Brits hang out in the main section. That's how I missed you post.
I screwed up with the video camera on this event so all the footage was rubbish. I did post a few seconds of me taking to the grass after outbraking myself on cold tyres and brakes though. Check out the Racing section to see it. There are some pics: HERE Which include some shots of the tyres before I replaced them.

You can see some of my other track videos: HERE

Tyre wear is not really a big issue if you just do the occasional track day and drive sensibly. The fronts wear more than the rears and will feather slightly but will return to normal in a few hundred miles. Just take it easy and don't turn in too aggressively piling on the power. I have managed to wreck a set of front tyres in a day but that was when I was really throwing the car around to see what it would do on the notoriously abrasive Elvington concrete surface. I got about another 4 trackdays out of the replacements (P Zero's) but decided to change them for new PS2's last month with winter coming. I have got about 6 trackdays out of the rears (PS2's), including 17,000 road miles and they are now borderline legal so I have pensioned them of for track only use.

If you are interested in doing a track day let me know as I can arrange something at Bruntingthorpe fairly easily, and its only about an hour away from you. It would be great to see you there. I am also planning a run to the Nurbugring sometime in November if you are interested.

Simon.