Old 04-23-2022, 12:28 AM
Heli-Cal Blue
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Post Re: Never Any Meets/Representation at Car Shows in Southern California?

There is a big Mopar ONLY show this weekend in Woodley Park, Van Nuys, CA if anyone is interested. Both Saturday and Sunday, and since photos from prior years show plenty of late model Challengers, Chargers, Vipers, Prowlers, and PT Cruisers, I don't see why our Crossfires, and especially SRT-6 variants, would not also be welcome. Would be nice to have others there to represent our faction.

There is a fee to enter a car in the show and/or just to park within, free to spectators - but it's now in its 35th year and quite large - may be worth it.

Supposedly many rare cars show up; Jay Leno was there last year with his Chrysler Turbine car. Also vendors, food trucks, and parts-swaps/sellers.

I know it's 11th hour to announce/post this now, but I only found out about it myself this afternoon. I may make the drive to go; and apparently it's OK to just show up and pay/register at the gate (gates open at 7:00am).

LINK TO THE SPRING FLING MOPAR SHOW IS HERE - LINK TO PDF FLIER BELOW THAT:

Chrysler Performance West - Mopar Spring Fling & Fall Fling

http://www.socalcarculture.com/Image...pringFling.pdf

Wish I had known about it sooner: would have been great to corral a Crossfire only group to line up and enter the gates together, to park in the same area of the show.

Our cars are seriously under-represented at shows like this, and my 17-year old SRT-6 is more rare, more classic, and faster (or as fast) than a lot of other common classic or modern Mopars that clog these shows.

--

Last edited by Heli-Cal Blue; 04-23-2022 at 12:40 AM.