View Single Post
Old 05-03-2022, 12:29 PM
BrushRoadster!
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: In the trunk Fix a Flat...WARNING

I have to say, that when I first heard about the tire patch procedure that Crossfires use, I thought it was pretty mickey-mouse.
But after hearing from people on here who have used it, and looking at the bottle of TireFix that came with my car (I pulled out the cover over the tire jack, and the TireFix equipment and jack had never been removed from the rack. The TireFix bottle was still in the original sealed plastic bag and was still liquid, but I am going to replace it with a new one.) and reading the instructions, I have a lot more confidence it would work OK.
It is made by Dunlop, and they make the Dunlop tires I use on my Harley (Best motorcycle tires I have ever had) and I think they know what they are doing. So my confidence was greatly increased.
But I am also buying a tire plug kit (The same as the one I carry on my Harley) as they have saved my bacon several times. Just one more thing to add to my spare parts and tools that I carry.
I need to find a small box or satchel bag I can velcro to the side of the luggage compartment, so it is out of the way.
That's my next project.