View Single Post
Old 05-04-2022, 09:42 AM
GraphiteGhost
Received 392 Likes on 337 Posts
Default Re: In the trunk Fix a Flat...WARNING

Originally Posted by BrushRoadster!
I have to say, that when I first heard about the tire patch procedure that Crossfires use, I thought it was pretty mickey-mouse.
But after hearing from people on here who have used it, and looking at the bottle of TireFix that came with my car (I pulled out the cover over the tire jack, and the TireFix equipment and jack had never been removed from the rack. The TireFix bottle was still in the original sealed plastic bag and was still liquid, but I am going to replace it with a new one.) and reading the instructions, I have a lot more confidence it would work OK.
It is made by Dunlop, and they make the Dunlop tires I use on my Harley (Best motorcycle tires I have ever had) and I think they know what they are doing. So my confidence was greatly increased.
But I am also buying a tire plug kit (The same as the one I carry on my Harley) as they have saved my bacon several times. Just one more thing to add to my spare parts and tools that I carry.
I need to find a small box or satchel bag I can velcro to the side of the luggage compartment, so it is out of the way.
That's my next project.

Hey BR, there are a number of folks (members) who advise NOT TO USE THE BOTTLE at all, the pump still works separate from the bottle so you can still pump up a flat after the 'repair' (as far as I heard, mine is still back there almost 15 years old), maybe I should 'break it out' to become familiar with it? It is told/posted many times (never compared how many one way or the other), if you use the bottle, it'll muck up the insides and is quite a mess that I bet too many shops will not want to deal with. Not to mention (but I will) that TPMS on the rim might be ruined. Just an FYI, the membership experiences are quite wide ranged, and what they have contributed, is a suggestion to never use that bottle if you want to keep the tire afterwards. I use that tire 'plug' kit, if I ever get a flat (never used since buying my 08 brand new), that plug would never render the tire a mess. Good luck!