Old 05-08-2022, 11:45 AM
onehundred80
Received 565 Likes on 474 Posts
Default Re: Please Help - Mystery No Start or Something Else?

Originally Posted by canadablue
I had a similar issue. Drove around town a bit then stopped at the grocery store. When I came out the car would not start, no lights came on on the dash. The gear shift would not move so I couldn’t push the car out of the parking spot to get in position to jump the (new) battery. Remote key would not lock doors. After several tries nearly 4 hours later the seat belt light came on when not trying to start the car, but nothing else. Awhile later the remote key suddenly did work, tail lights flashed and finally the car started. Drove around the block and turned off the key but the radio stayed on. Car started up easily immediately and I was able to turn off the radio. Car repair guy said unless he can duplicate the problem he has no way of telling what is wrong so he can’t fix anything, it has been at his shop for 3 days and starts fine every time. Several times in the past the radio has stayed on after turning off the engine. Seems like an electrical issue to me. Repair guy said maybe the positive battery cable is corroded on the inside but he can’t tell until he cuts it open. New cable is over $300, he can’t find an after market one. I’m afraid I’ll get stranded somewhere
New cable $300? What is it made from ? Gold!