View Single Post
Old 05-23-2022, 11:13 PM
sooch
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Won't start after stereo swap

I recently inherited a 2007 Crossfire and tried to replace the stereo because the stock one wouldn't change station or volume or anything. I swapped out the stereo with no real problems, but the car won't start with the new stereo in. When I put the key in the ignition, the car has power and there's no issues. But when I turn the key, the power immediately cuts off and stays off. If a disconnect and reconnect the battery the power works normally again.

If I plug the stock radio back in, the car will start like it's supposed to. I have the Infinity Modulus stereo with two antennas, one for AM/FM and one for GPS. I vaguely remember my dad saying something about a security feature in the radio at one point, but that was many years ago and nobody else remembers so maybe I'm wrong about that.

I just tried it a few more times all with the stock radio plugged in. I turned the key and the power immediately cut off. Then I waited a few minutes and the power came back on. I turned the key and the power cut again. Then I disconnected and reconnected the battery. After doing that the car started like normal on the third attempt. Also at some point during this I realized the stock radio was now working correctly.

Does anyone know what the issue is? Do I have to do something special to change out this stereo?