View Single Post
Old 05-26-2022, 05:54 PM
onehundred80
Received 560 Likes on 470 Posts
Default Re: Wholesaler Closeout Parts at RockAuto

Originally Posted by UrbanE
To all SRT Owners in need of a supercharger idler pulley, don’t order the gates #38091 from Rock Auto
I ordered Qty 2 recently on the same order. Received one correctly and the second was an incorrect pulley

Two boxes, same number but different size boxes and different pulleys. I contact the automated help desk (Rock Auto no longer offers any phone support, zero, no human contact allowed, in order to keep prices low, whatever) informed then that the pulley was incorrect, attached photos and was advised that a replacement would be sent.

Received replacement and it too was incorrect. The correct pulley has a different dimension hole on both sides and is a grooved pulley. Item received had the same dimension hole though bearing on both sides and was smooth.

I contacted Rock Auto again for a Gates replacement and was told that I would not receive a replacement because they could not guarantee a correct replacement

And these guys are supposed to be the experts. All someone had to do was open the box and see if it was a grooved pulley. I guess it was too difficult for an Auto Parts supplier to check that the replacement auto part was correct. Good thing they’re not in the do it right business

So I placed an order for a replacement by AC Delco.

This is the correct pulley

Same label on both boxes. Different boxes.

Left one incorrect
I ordered a reman master cylinder from an auto supply shop in town and the part came from Cardone, when it came it was not the correct part, so I spoke to someone at Cardone who was paid to help customers. He said the part I had was the correct part, I told him it lacked certain features that sensors were attached to, he still insisted it was the correct part. He could not understand that I would not have phoned if it fitted correctly, he remained adamant that it was the correct part. His computer said it was the correct part so it just had to be the correct part.
I just returned it to the auto supply shop I got it from and they sent it back.

I got a used part from a member here, AMX1379 I believe.

Last edited by onehundred80; 05-26-2022 at 05:56 PM.