Old 07-07-2022, 10:33 AM
nickwe21.
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Instructions on how to replace alarm siren

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
I wouldn't... The pressure used (if not very low) could damage any fittings along the 'lines' IF BLOCKED. Best to carefully 'back flush' with very low pressure below the pump pressure output WITH one or more hoses 'open' so that any little flapper 'valves' that might be in the system (because if there is one and you reverse flow, you might damage it). These little washer fluid hoses aren't designed to hold any pressure since the one end is always open to atmosphere. Anyway, sometimes going slow but sure guarantees a better result in general.

Should get the siren from FCP Euro this weekend. I'm going to hopefully go to work on it then. Going to see what's going on with the right side of the washer. I know previous owner had the cowl off cause he removed the whole siren including the metal bracket it was attached with. And maybe he didn't plug in the little plug that makes the windshield washer work. Going to check and if that doesn't help I'll get a pin and just poke through the nozzle because then it's probably just plugged up and I'll run some water through it.