Thread: Sealant
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2022, 01:42 PM
dedwards0323
Received 538 Likes on 426 Posts
Default Re: Sealant

I agree with the thorough washing of the car followed by a claying of the paint (& I recommend purchasing the Mother's Speed Clay 2.0) to remove any remaining fine grit or foreign material that still adhered to the painted surface which the washing didn't remove. Used to use the Zymol Cleaner Wax product on my Crossfire and got extremely good results. I still use it on the rocker panels of the Crossfire & my other cars. Just within the past year I've switched to some of the newer products on the market and get exceptional glossing of the paint. Here's a few I have used in the past year or so:

Torque Detail - Mirror Shine
Torque Detail - Ceramic Spray
Shine Armor - Fortify Quick Coat

When I use these products, it takes 1/3 the time to completely treat the car surface after washing & claying. Products DO NOT have to dry before buffing to a glossy finish! And the final result is amazing! I have a car cover I use whenever the Crossfire is sitting in my driveway. After using any of these products, it is actually difficult for me to get the car cover to properly align with the body. The surface is so slick, the car cover slides around whenever I'm trying to pull it into place. Check out some of the videos on these product websites. FWIW

Last edited by dedwards0323; 09-06-2022 at 01:49 PM.