View Single Post
Old 01-08-2023, 09:53 PM
SK1NNER
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Battery Drain Issue

Let me tell you my FUSE 9 story. My SRT6 was in the hangar for about a month on a Battery tender. so I know the battery was fully charged. I went to the hangar and thought I'd take a ride to the gas station. I arrived, shut the car off and told the attendant (I'm in NJ) to fill with Premium. He then told me he couldn[t open the fuel door. We both tried but it was locked and would not open even though the doors were unlocked. It just would NOT unlock, so I pulled away to a spot and finally got it open by unlocking the car with the key in the door. By then I couldn't start it due to low battery!!!

I got a jump and got it back to the garage and after much troubleshooting found that there is a 4 ohm ground when FUSE 9 is plugged in.

My next step is to check what the current draw is when the fuse is inserted and the car is shut off. I read here that the normal draw should be less than 55ma so I will post an update once I get that reading. I will pull the siren fuse in the Control module box to at least eliminate that next.

Also, can't seem to locate the ILLUMINATION CONTROL MODULE as I'd like to disconnect that as well.
Any other suggestions welcomed.

Last edited by SK1NNER; 01-09-2023 at 10:07 AM.