View Single Post
Old 01-14-2023, 01:16 PM
kowaltoboggan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Seeking help with top

Interestingly, my top seems to be worse off than it was before. When I put the top down manually (either after doing the 3x reset procedure with the engine running) the convertible top light blinks quickly even when the tonneau cover is down and locked. When I turn the key off, the convertible top switch light stays on for about five minutes. When the top is down and I press the blinking convertible top light switch, nothing happens.

When I put the top up manually, the convertible top switch light goes out once I lock it down with the D ring.

With the engine running and I undo the D ring, the windows go down. When I press the convertible top switch the pump activates, the rear bow raises about one inch, the pump stops and the convertible top switch light begins blinking. I used Klaus's procedure to check the tonneau cover switch. That seems fine. All electrical connections seem fine. Am stumped.

Will reread Pizzaguy's long convertible top explanation again. I thought I understood it before. For instance, for the top to go down, the luggage divider switch needs to be activated (or bypassed) and the top open switch needs to be open. Got it.

Then, with the top fully down, it should go up as it doesn't need the top open switch for the tonneau to lift and the top moving up procedure to begin.

I am missing something, just don't know what. Thanks for reading, thinking and lending a thought or two! John

I che