View Single Post
Old 01-28-2023, 03:00 PM
mp3wizard
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Back after 16 years with a SRT6 :D

Hi All,

I've just bought a 2005 SRT6 with 150k miles for £5,000.

I was posting on this forum in 2007 & 2011 when I had 2 standard crossfires, just re-read some of my old posts actually brought back memories. I've had many cars since my last 2 crossfires, some high end some more for economical driving, always fancied the SRT6 so thought why not.

It needs a bit of TLC, headliner sagging, door pillar trim not properly secured, headlights could do with a restore, paintwork not in great condition, various scratches, no MOT.

It actually drove pretty well, I could definitely feel the difference in power from the standard xfire, everything seemed to work as it should.

My logic is that it has to be one of the cheapest SRT's sold that isn't accident damaged, and that if the engine does give up on me, then I could put a V8 or similiar to upgrade etc.

I have faith that these crossfires will start to appreciate in value in the coming years, and if I can hang on to it long enough eventually it will be tax free on UK roads, currently £360 tax per year as Pre 2006, think post 2006 it's over £600, so the older crossfires are selling for more than the newer ones in the UK at least.

I'd be interested if the original owner of this forum is still on here, as it would be good to hear some history as I purchased it from a garage who took it in px.

The following users liked this post:
The Ikon (05-05-2023)