Old 02-17-2023, 09:37 AM
richb55
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Re: About to pay 13k for a Xfire with 8,000 miles -- good deal?

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
He may laugh at you but if the conditions of today continue, you will be laughing at him in six months because the car will still be on the lot.

the car is low miles but long on the tooth. Unless it is perfect and exactly what you want $13K is on the high side.

I would tell him $11,000 and give him you number. Two weeks from now, with it still on the lot stop by and offer $12,000. If they don't jump at it then they have too much into the car.

According to my used car saleman friend '04's are wholesaleing for $6K to $9K. Thats $9,000 to to $13,500 in a good market.

roadster with a stick

BTW, that is a stunningly gorgeous combination and rather rare.
if stock radio Is still in there make sure it works Look under car and see if transmission connector is leaking ( if has been recently) replaced. Sticky key syndrome? Check all hoses and belts. 20 years can be tough on rubber parts , oil & filter is close to 8 quarts of premium synthetic . Heated seats work ? Hood support and rear hatch holds their weight ? Check front springs where p/n is stamped. Some springs crack there. Just a few things I look for when I’m checking out crossfires. Good luck. What color v