Old 02-19-2023, 04:08 PM
nickwe21
Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Re: Why did car magazines give the Crossfire a bad rep?

Originally Posted by onehundred80
All the cars today except the high priced ones all use plastic, it’s cheap to shape in designs impossible in to do in wood. The NA was underpowered. Everyone got on the wagon to run it down. The SRT was not enough to get the car back on track. Many of the detractors got something wrong with the specs or something else. I doubt some of them even sat in the car or even saw one in person, they just typed out the lines they were expected and sent it in.
Bingo!! Reading those articles truly made me feel like I'm reading about a different vehicle, an u familiar one but surely not my SRT6.
Funny part is that the author of the German Auto Bild preferred the Mustang over the Corvette and SRT6 mainly due to it having a V8 and valued at half the price of the other two. In the earlier sentences they had criticized the cheap plastic interior but then spoke highly of the Mustang. That interior (and the Corvette's) is the absolute best example of cheap plastic there is! They look dull and boring, black on black, no contrasts, just nothing special. Something the Europeans always complained about when comparing the German manufacturers to the American.

Oh well, if anything positive came from it, it's that these cars are sleepers and imo the cheapest to purchase in that class and yet for me hands down the best looking of it's class and most fun to drive of that era and still today.