Thread: TPMS Sensors
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2023, 04:00 PM
dedwards0323
Received 535 Likes on 425 Posts
Default Re: TPMS Sensors

Originally Posted by jamie04
Bayukbros, I recently got my Micropod/DRBIII Emulator working and performed a successful TPMS reset on my 2005 SRT6.(This was after reading this forum for months and heeding advice of those here who have used the Micropod and DBRIII software before me. See thread titled "DRB III Emulator? A big thanks to those who posted their experience there.) If you are in Raleigh, I live only 90 minutes north of you in South Boston, VA. I would be happy to try to reset your TPMS dash light if you want to take a drive north.
For reference, I installed four new Schrader 20028 sensors and used a doughnut magnet to trigger the new sensors as prompted by the DRBIII software. All is well now.
I used an Autel Scanner Tool, Model TS501 to scan & reset the new wheel sensors that were installed on the PS of my Coupe. I didn't need to use the donut magnet as the Autel Scanner emits a signal the emulates the magnet when the DRBIII Emulator software calls for the wheel sensor to be triggered. And the Autel scanner keeps a copy of the wheel readings for all four wheels that were scanned. DRB3 Emulator requires the wheels to be read in a specific sequence (DSF-PSF-PSR-DSR). I did find it interesting that according to the Autel Scanner, there is a difference in tire pressure readings between the original OEM wheel sensors (DS) & the VDO wheel sensors (PS) I had installed. And that's with all four tires measuring 36 psig with my tire gauge.

Last edited by dedwards0323; 03-22-2023 at 04:07 PM.