View Single Post
Old 03-23-2023, 09:17 AM
crowz
Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Re: Wife vs Convertible Top

Originally Posted by nickwe21
The max speed is 9 mph. At 10 it will just beep again and not go down.
There is a "speed top" module if I recall correctly (stick is in this forum) that allows the top to go down by just pressing the button once instead of holding it down and it also allows the top to open/close up to 35mph I want to say (don't quote me on that). Neat idea not having to hold the button down. Not sure how good it is to drive at higher than 10 mph speeds and open/close the top. I like to believe the Mercedes engineers had a reason for not enabling that in the first place.

​​​​​I might put it in one of these days.

Pizzaguy actually has a video on YouTube where he explains how to lower the top manually if the hydraulics stop working for whatever reason. Our cars are now roughly 18 years old so it might be a good idea to watch that video and try it yourself a few times so you are prepared for the worst. I have never had to used it (knock on wood) but I'd be not amused if my top would not go up before a rainstorm.
It requires a special "Mercedes tool" that might have come with your car (I know it did with both of mine). But if it didn't you can check on the forum and there are very inexpensive ways of acquiring one and dropping in your glove box. It looks like a pointy stick with a wrench at the end so check your cars glove box, trunk area (under the mat), behind the seat etc to see if it came with it.

Good luck with the car - I hope wifey and granddaughter got to experience top down function still anyways!
They did. After I got the top down I had them go back out for a drive. They had a blast