View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 06:24 PM
porterhouse
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HELP!!! SOS. I am stuck!!!

Hi. I was working on my latest project this afternoon. I have replaced my base coupe's cloth seats with SLK's leather/heated seats. I found that I had the pre-wiring ready for the heated seats. Great. I finished re-wiring and installed my last bolt on the seat. I got behind the wheel and turn the key and got click, click, click. I figured low battery.
I had the radio on the whole time I was working on the car. I say about 2 hours. Therefore, I tried the good old jumper cable. I connected the two cars and turned the key and same thing. I go and wiggle the cable on XF's side and it seem like the juice was not coming. Usual sparks when connecting the negative to the battery. So I disconnected the cable and got back to XF and turned the key. Same click click click but now, the spoiler came up on its own. I tried to bring it back down but the button was not responding. I tried other buttons on the console and none of them seem responding. I got out of the car and hit the remote and that didn't respond. Now I am worried. I think for a moment and got inside the car and turn the car, all seem to be working; lights come on, radio works fine... I hit the remote after turning the key to off position then click the remote works.
I guess I must have screwed something while I was installing the seats, therefore, resetting something. Does anyone know if that is what happened? I will let it sit for about an hour and then try it again. Meanwhile, if anyone knows why this is happening please advise. HELP!!!